More and more people divert to using herbal medicines to find the cure for their respective health conditions. Many individuals even resort to using CBD oil and other marijuana products. Although the use of marijuana is legal in other areas, it remains controversial all over the world.
Most people use CBD oil or cannabidiol to treat a variety of symptoms. However, there is some confusion about what it really is and how it can affect the human body. Despite many claims that it has many health benefits, it is also possible that it can present some risks especially that research studies are still currently being conducted to verify the effectiveness of CBD oil.
In areas where marijuana is not legal, CBD oil is accepted. Because of this, many people resort to ingesting or applying CBD oil. But before you use it, it is important that you have enough knowledge about its how to use it, potential risks, benefits, and issues surrounding its legality in the United States and in your area.
Marijuana is known to alter human’s behavior and give the feeling of getting “high.” Because of this effect, marijuana is illegal in many areas when used for recreational purposes but there are instances when it is allowed when intended for medical purposes. That is why some people are hesitant to use marijuana for treatment because of this effect and its issue on legality.
This is where CBD oil comes in since it is considered as a good alternative to marijuana. CBD oil can be extracted from hemp or marijuana plant. Since marijuana is not legal in many areas, hemp plant is the common source of CBD oil. The effects of marijuana and CBD oil is very different since CBD oil does not affect human’s behavior. It is the THC content that brings psychoactive effects and not CBD.
Aside from that, CBD oil can bring many health benefits to the body. It can be taken in many ways like in a form of a capsule, tincture, cream, vapor, and many others. This gives users a variety of options when using CBD oil. There are also different brands available in the market that you can choose from. Here are some products with a good reputation when it comes to CBD oil content:
The Best CBD oils in the Market
#1 McHudson Farms CBD Extract
McHudson Farms CBD Extract is a natural CBD-based capsule which is associated with the usage of cannabidiol. It is intended to enhance the absorption of CBD in the body and to ensure that the users will get the accurate dosage. The product promises to be organic and 100% pure which are extracted from hemp plants in Denmark.
It contains a concentration of organically extracted and cold pressed CBD. This product has quite a lot of prominent properties that are well-researched and popular. Users do not need to worry about any psychoactive effects since it is free of THC. Aside from the CBD oil, the McHudson Farms CBD Extract also contains vegetable glycerin which is the main source of hydration in the product and is responsible for attracting water molecules.
It uses Cold Pressed Processing of CO2 which doesn’t involve any petroleum-based substances or solvents in order to extract CBD from hemp. When it comes to side effects, these capsules don’t seem to have any serious side effects and there are no reported ones. However, those who want to see the lab test and third-party results will not be able to get it from the packaging. The good thing about this is its competitive price as well as its refund guarantee.
- Extracted using CO2 cold pressing process
- Offers one-month full refund guarantee
- Only available in capsule form
- Affordable price
- Consumers who prefer capsules
- Buyers who have a limited budget
#2 CBD Pure
CBD Pure contains all-natural Cannabidiol (CBD), Terpenes, and other Cannabinoids. Their hemp oil is made with certified non-GMO organic-standards hemp plants that are grown in Colorado. It is also free of contaminants and additives. Their oils are minimally processed following the highest organic standards from growing, harvesting, and bottling. To obtain CBD, the company uses CO2 extraction which is the safest way to extract plant materials. As a result, the oil is color golden yellow with an earthy smell.
Their hemp oil comes in three different strengths which are marked on the bottles for 100 mg, 300 mg, and 600 mg of CBD concentrations. Although the company has third-party lab tests and conduct Cannabinoid Profiling, Microbiological Screening, Terpene Analysis, Pesticide Testing, and Residual Solvent Testing, this information is not found on the bottle. Since each one has a lot number, it is assumed that each number indicates a different testing result.
Since it contains naturally occurring cannabidiol, it is highly unlikely to have negative effects. Instead, it has more health benefits and positive relaxing effects. It is best for people with long term pain issues, sleeping disorders, and even stress problems. Apart from being a reliable brand, CBD Pure Oil is also affordable and there is a very low chance of being addicted to it.
- Pure CBD oil from the hemp plant
- Available in three different CBD concentrations
- No harmful/ toxic ingredients
- Users who prefer pure and natural CBD oil
- Consumers who want a natural hemp taste
- First-time buyers who are looking for a trusted brand
#3 Vape Bright
Vape Bright is perfect for those who want fast absorption of CBD oil. The effects of CBD oil is faster through vaping than in ingesting it. Vape Bright is the number one organic CBD vape oil which does not contain any propylene glycol (PG) or vegetable glycerin. Each cartridge holds 200 mg of pure CBD oil with a pleasant taste. It is convenient to use and can be easily taken with you anytime and in any place that allows vaping. Each puff delivers 1 mg of pure organic CBD, which is up to 10 times more than what you get from other vape CBD oils.
It is made from the finest organic hemp oil that is pure and unadulterated. The vape’s battery and the cartridge are also of great quality. Those who want a better way of getting CBD oil into their body could opt for this. It can provide a sense of well being to your body and it gives you a soothing feeling.
- Battery and cartridge is long lasting which allows 100 inhalations
- Fast and easy re-charging for only 30 minutes
- 100% organic and great quality CBD
- No PG or other liquids added.
- Users who want fast results
- Consumers who prefer vaping
- Shoppers who want all natural CBD oil without additives
#4 NuLeaf Naturals
NuLeaf Naturals believes that their organic CBD oil, which is free of additives and preservative, can help those who are suffering from certain mental and physical ailments. Their CBD oil is extracted from organic hemp plants which are legal in all 50 states.
The manufacturer offers a less conventional selection of concentrations at 240mg, 725mg, 1,450mg, 2,425mg, and 4,850mg. This is different from the usual 250 mg, 500mg, and 1,000 mg concentrations and it ensures that most users will find a strength that would work for them. All oil tinctures from NuLeaf Naturals are full spectrum.
- All the oils are full spectrum and organic
- They have varying concentrations
- Offers free shipping to all 50 states
- It is sold in more than 1,000 retail locations across the United States
- Users who exclusively want oil or tincture
- Consumers who have unconventional concentration preferences
- Buyers who want all natural product that is eco-friendly
CBDistillery is pure and natural without any added chemicals or dyes. Its tincture is available in five strengths ranging from 250mg to 5,000mg. It also accommodates a wide range of THC preferences in 15 and 30-milliliter containers. You can mix the tincture with juice or a smoothie or just use it directly under your tongue. This is a good option for value seekers because of its average price. CBDistillery tincture is non-flavored and routinely undergoes third-party testing to ensure safety. Consumers who would like to see the testing results can check it on the website’s product pages.
Apart from a tincture, CBDistillery also offers a large selection of additional CBD oil products including hard and soft capsules, isolates and creams. There are gummies, waxes, and vape options that are available in four different flavors. They also sell natural pet tinctures for your beloved cats and dogs.
- Allows unopened returns within seven business days.
- Available in full spectrum and isolate-based oils
- Products include capsules, tinctures, topicals, vapes, and suppositories
- Varying concentrations
- Individuals with severe insomnia symptoms
- Users who prefer capsules, topicals, gummies, or vaping
- Consumers who prefer unflavored oils
- People suffering from chronic pain and/or anxiety disorders
When it comes to price, cbdMD is at the best value. It offers premium, non-THC oils which are available in large variety of concentrations from 300mg-5,000mg as well as a variation in size for its 30mL and 60mL bottles.
Apart from CBD oils, cbdMD also offers topical skin cream, capsules and pills, bath bombs, vape oils, and even products for pets. The strain of industrial hemp that cbdMD grow is much richer in CBD, cannabinoids, vitamins, and amino acids.
- Accepts returns with a full refund within 30 days of the initial order
- Available in large variety of oil concentrations
- Very affordable
- Available in tinctures, capsules, topicals, and suppositories
- People who suffer from light to moderate insomnia symptoms
- Users who prefer capsules and/or topical oils
- Consumers who prefer non-THC products
- Individuals with chronic pain and/or anxiety disorders
Populum, an Arizona-based CBD brand, is transparent with all the information that shoppers need. It offers a full spectrum of CBD oil in 250mg, 500mg, and 1000mg concentrations. It is made with cold-pressed orange oil, grapeseed and coconut oils for a light citrus taste. Populum offers a cooling topical salve which is perfect for your aching joints and muscles. It is even a good topical oil for dogs and cats. First-time users can get a starter kit containing the topical salve and pet oil.
A box of Populum comes with a hard copy of the oil’s lab testing results, which is an assurance to the users that they are getting a high-quality product. Aside from the printed lab results, you can also check the full lab results in their website. The price for Populum CBD oil range from 18 to 24 cents per milligram. This depends on the size of the container. But overall, it is still a relatively inexpensive full spectrum product.
- From hemp grown in farms of Colorado
- Excellent customer service
- Full spectrum oil
- Topical rub and pet oil package available
- All U.S. military veterans receive a 25% discount
- Offers a risk-free 30-night product trial.
- Consumers who prefer full spectrum CBD oils
- People with light to moderate insomnia symptoms
- Pet owners of anxious cats or dogs
- People who prefer products with fruity flavors
#8 Green Roads
Green Roads is known as one of the original CBD manufacturers. Because of that, they have an established reputation when it comes to manufacturing CBD oil. They offer a range of CBD oil concentrations which are available in 100mg, 250mg, 350mg, 550mg, 1000mg, 1500mg, and 3,500mg. Their product is formulated by a pharmacist, which makes them one of the trusted brands in the market. Consumers who want to check their ingredients and third-party testing information could simply scan a QR code found on the box.
Their unflavored tinctures are made from organically grown hemp by following the CO2 supercritical fluid extraction process. Green Roads only sells CBD isolates.
- Pharmacist formulated.
- Sourced from hemp grown in the U.S.A.
- Products are independently lab-tested to ensure safety and quality.
- Offers customer satisfaction guarantee.
- Available in varying concentrations and a large range of isolates
- Consumers who are new to CBD
- Shoppers who are searching for an established and trusted brand
- Users who prefer unflavored CBD oils
- Individual with nighttime anxiety and sporadic sleep
- Users who prefer salves, edibles, capsules, or creams
CBD Oil Buyer’s Guide
CBD or Cannabidiol, is a plant-based chemical compound found in cannabis plants like hemp and marijuana. It does not have psychoactive effects to the users. It also has many health benefits and is said to induce sleepiness, making it an effective aid for people who has insomnia and other sleep disorders.
There are various ways that CBD can enter the body and one of them is by using an oil extract. This buyer’s guide gives you a list of the top 8 CBD oil. It shows the benefits you can get from each product which will help you decide which one to purchase. Aside from that, the safety and legal concerns associated with buying these products will also be discussed. There are also tips for first-time buyers and other important information that you need about CBD oil.
Since it is stricter to acquire CBD oil derived from marijuana, this guide features hemp-based CBD oils that you can purchase online and in different locations where it is legally sold.
What Is CBD Oil?
CBD oil or Cannabidiol is a popular natural remedy for common symptoms and diseases. It contains concentrations of CBD. CBD is one of the 104 chemical compounds, known as cannabinoids, that is found in cannabis or marijuana plant. It is made by extracting CBD from the cannabis plant which is then diluted with a carrier oil like coconut or hemp seed oil.
Many folk traditional medicine claim that marijuana and its components can cure many ailments. With that, many research studies have been conducted to look into the possible therapeutic uses of CB.
Although CBD comes from cannabis sativa, it is not psychoactive. It is the tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) that causes the sensation of getting high since it is the main psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis. Because CBD does not have mind-altering effects, it becomes an appealing option for people who are looking for treatment from pain and other symptoms.
How to Use CBD Oil
There are many available options on how you can take CBD oil. This is a good thing so you can choose which will be more convenient for you. There are also options on its scent. Although there are unscented or natural ones, there are also others which are manufactured in different flavors like peppermint, lavender, vanilla, and cinnamon. Here’s how to use CBD oil:
- Tinctures or Extracts: You can try drops or tinctures that have suggested serving size. Its package would list the total milligrams of CBD which can help you determine the amount of CBD that you would like to take. After knowing the right quantity, drop the formula under your tongue using the dropper. Hold it for at least 60 seconds to allow the blood vessels to absorb it. Swallow the CBD oil after 60 seconds.
- E-Liquid or Vapor: Inhalation is the fastest way to deliver CBD into the brain and body. Hence, you can use vaping to take CBD. Using your vape, simply exhale gently the air from your lungs then inhale through the mouthpiece slowly for about 3 seconds. Fill your lungs with additional breath then hold for a few seconds. Exhale when you are ready. You can purchase pre-filled, cost-effective vape pens and cartridges with CBD-infused e-liquid.
- Edibles: If you are not in a rush to get the effects of CBD, you can use CBD edibles. You will simply open this, eat and enjoy. The result will take longer to kick in but this is great for those seeking sustained effects. This is also perfect for those who intend to use CBD subtly.
- Isolates or Concentrates. This is similar to smoking hash. Sprinkle some of it into a vaporizer or water pipe then ignite and inhale. Individuals who want a higher intake of CBD can use this option.
- Topical. CBD oil is also available in topical form with a consistency similar to lotion. Simply apply it directly on the skin.
It is important that you check the CBD concentration before taking it. It usually comes in bottles that measure either 15 milliliters (0.5 ounces) or 30 mL (1 ounce). Make sure that you check on the CBD concentration and not on the bottle size. Concentration refers to the ratio of hemp oil solution (measured in mL) to the amount of CBD cannabinoid (measured in milligrams, or mg). Milligrams also refer to the oil’s strength. The higher the mg of CBD, the stronger it will be.
Benefits of Using CBD Oil
CBD oil is gaining momentum in the health and wellness world because of many claims that it can heal a variety of illness including chronic pain, epilepsy, anxiety, and more. But is this true? Cannabis sativa has been used by people in the olden days to cure various ailments. Modern-day scientists also conducted studies to verify these claims and to discover more medical uses for the marijuana plant and its components.
Medical experts believe that marijuana is not particularly beneficial for people with medical conditions and/or mental health disorders due to its THC content which will only increase their symptoms. However, CBD oil is a good alternative for individuals with sleep disorders and medical conditions.
- Pain relief. Back in 2900 B.C, marijuana has been used to treat pain. In modern days, scientists discovered that some components of marijuana like CBD can give pain-relieving effects.
Studies show that a combination of CBD and THC is effective in treating pain that is related to multiple sclerosis and arthritis. A good example of that is the oral spray Sativex, a combination of THC and CBD, that could treat pain related to multiple sclerosis. Those who use Sativex for a month experienced a significant improvement in pain during movement and has improved their sleep quality.
The human body has an endocannabinoid system (ECS) which is involved in regulating different functions like appetite, immune system response, sleep, and pain. Endocannabinoids are neurotransmitters to cannabinoid receptors in the nervous system.
Studies show that CBD may help reduce chronic pain by impacting endocannabinoid receptor activity. It also helps reduce inflammation and interact with neurotransmitters.
CBD oil can work as a supplement for people who have medical conditions that cause chronic pain like arthritis and multiple sclerosis. It also helps increase the levels of adenosine in the brain which aids cardiovascular function and eases painful inflammation.
- Anxiety and depression. These conditions are usually treated with pharmaceutical drugs. However, these medications can cause a number of side effects including agitation, drowsiness, insomnia, headache, and sexual dysfunction. But that’s not all. Medications used for anxiety and depression-like benzodiazepines can be addictive which increases the possibility of substance abuse.
Studies indicate that CBD oil is a promising treatment for both depression and anxiety. Tests on both animals and humans show that it is an effective treatment. Because of this, many become interested in this natural approach.
Some research reveals that CBD could reduce anxiety-related behaviors in people with the following conditions:
- post-traumatic stress disorder
- general anxiety disorder
- panic disorder
- social anxiety disorder
- obsessive-compulsive disorder
Anxiety and depression are also associated with a lack of sleep. CBD oil can alleviate symptoms of these disorders by activating serotonin receptors in the brain. It triggers the release of serotonin which has soothing, anti-anxiety effects that can help people get a good sleep.
- Reduce cancer-related symptoms. CBD oil can also help reduce the symptoms of cancer as well as the side effects of cancer treatment. Apart from the reduction in pain, it can also alleviate chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.
Research shows that CBD has anticancer properties. In a test-tube study, it was found that a concentrated CBD resulted in cell death in human breast cancer cells. Another study showed that it stopped the spread of aggressive breast cancer cells in mice.
However, this does not guarantee that it will work on humans. More research is needed in order to verify the effectiveness of CBD oil on people with cancer.
- Epilepsy. CBD oil could be prescribed for patients suffering from Lennox-Gastaut syndrome or Dravet syndrome, two rare forms of severe epilepsy. A CBD oil solution, Epidiolex, is usually prescribed in these situations. It is said that CBD oil can lessen the severity of seizures for people, whatever form of epilepsy they may have.
- Schizophrenia: Since CBD oil is non-THC and it does not have any anti-psychotic effects, it can help reduce the symptoms of schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders. However, this is not yet scientifically proven and people with mental disorders should take this with extreme caution since it may not be applicable to all individuals.
- Insomnia and REM behavior disorder: One of the common ways to use CBD oil is to treat insomnia since it can alleviate anxiety and prolong sleep. It can also help promote daytime wakefulness by taking small amounts of oil. Those who suffer from insomnia can use it to get a restful sleep after being excessively tired.
Another sleeping disorder that CBD oil can treat is REM behavior disorder (RBD). It is a parasomnia disorder which is characterized by shouting and becoming physically agitated. People with this disorder are acting out while sleeping. In some cases, RBD is a symptom for a more serious condition like Alzheimer’s disease or PTSD. CBD oil can help minimize the symptoms of RBD.
- Acne. This is a common skin condition which is caused by a number of factors such as bacteria, genetics, and underlying inflammation. The overproduction of sebum, which is an oily secretion made by sebaceous glands can also cause acne. Since CBD oil has anti-inflammatory properties, it is found to be effective in treating acne and in reducing sebum production.
- Heart problems. Studies indicate that CBD oil has a positive impact on the heart and circulatory system. It also has the ability to lower high blood pressure which is linked to heart attack, stroke, and metabolic syndrome. CBD could also be a natural and effective treatment for high blood pressure. The anxiety-reducing properties of CBD can help lower blood pressure. Its antioxidant and stress-reducing properties reduce heart disease.
- Other health benefits. CBD oil can also reduce the risk of diabetes and inflammation caused by it. It also has anti-tumor effects based on test-tube and animal study where it prevented the spread of lung, breast, brain, prostate, and colon cancer.
Although there are many health benefits from CBD oil, more research studies are still needed in order to confirm it. Test tube and animal studies may not be enough to fully consider CBD oil as a medication for the aforementioned conditions.
Are CBD Oils Safe?
Although CBD oil is therapeutic and has low-risk effects to those taking it, it is still important that a user should be aware of its possible side-effects which may include:
- Inhibited liver function: The liver regulates hepatic drug metabolism, which is the process wherein different drugs are metabolized within the body. Higher doses of CBD oil can slow the hepatic drug metabolism process. Because of this, some people may not be able to process drugs quickly.
- Decreased blood pressure: Immediately after consumption, CBD oil may spur a small drop in blood pressure making the user feel lightheaded. However, these effects typically wear off within hours.
- Diarrhea: This is a common side effect for people who take large doses of CBD oil. The substance will interact with the digestive system causing diarrhea. To minimize this effect, one needs to take a lower dosage of CBD oil.
- 4. Dry mouth: CBD oil often leads to dry mouth or cottonmouth due to cannabinoids. This may alter receptors in the lower jaw that trigger salivation. When this happens, the user will feel stronger-than-average thirst and mild discomfort.
- Change in appetite: Users will feel hungrier than usual and would have an increase in appetite.
- Drowsiness: CBD oil users will feel dizzy or drowsy after taking it. Aside from that, it will also result in excessive tiredness despite not doing arduous physical tasks. Although many users are actually taking CBD oil for this effect, it is important to note that it can increase the risk of accidents since it can hinder the efficient performance of certain tasks like driving or operating heavy machinery.
This extract may also interact with several medications, including some types of anti-epileptic drugs. Pregnant women and nursing mothers should avoid any form of marijuana since it will have an adverse development effect to the baby. A study reveals that merely short-term exposure to CBD can increase the permeability of the placental barrier, risking the fetus from certain substances.
Hence, it is recommended to consult your doctor prior to taking CBD oil. Kids with refractory epilepsy who were treated with CBD experienced side effects like aggravation of seizures, digestive disturbances, sleepiness, and irritability.
It is also important to note that CBD oils may contain some THC, which may have psychoactive effects on the user. This will impair your ability to perform some tasks normally like driving. It may also have short- and long-term effects on your attention, mood, memory, heart rate, and mental health.
Is CBD Oil Legal?
Previously, cannabis sativa could be grown legally merely for academic research purposes. However, there were already many changes on the legality of this plant and its substances. In some American states, cannabis is legal for either medicinal or recreational use. Other states have approved the use of CBD oil as a hemp product but not the use of medical marijuana.
There are also states that do not necessarily consider marijuana to be legal but have laws to CBD oil usage. However, the use of CBD oil at various concentrations to treat a range of epileptic conditions is legal in many states.
Anyone who is considering to use CBD oil should speak with a local healthcare provider. Apart from medical information and proper dosage, they can also provide information about safe CBD sources and local laws in your area.
Where Can You Buy CBD Oil?
Many are wondering where to buy CBD oil. There are actually different areas where you can purchase it. It is easier to buy this oil in locations where its legal for both medical and recreational use. Take a look at the places below where you can purchase CBD oil.
- Manufacturers. You can directly purchase it from the manufacturers. Most brands allow their customers to directly purchase from them. You can check their websites and buy the product using their online shopping area.
- Online retailers. Like how you can buy from manufacturers online, there are several online retailers who are selling CBD oil. Most of them offer a wide range of products that can be directly delivered to your home. You can also read reviews from users which will help you determine which product or brand to purchase. These reviews will help you evaluate the retailer based on product quality, customer service, and delivery. It is also recommended that you do thorough research first prior to purchasing a certain product. Beware of products that promise a perfect cure and other too good to be true offers. There is a big chance that these are mere rip-offs.
- Physical stores. Hemp-based CBD oils can also be bought in physical stores. The advantage of buying from brick and mortar stores is the full customer experience that you could get. You can see the actual product, read the labels and ask a store associate whatever question you have in mind. You can also get helpful recommendations from the service staff.
- Dispensaries. Physical dispensaries can only be seen in areas where the use of marijuana is legal for recreational use. One can buy CBD oils from dispensaries even without a prescription. However, those who will buy marijuana-based oils would need to present doctor’s prescription. Most of these stores operate under state health and safety standards set by law. Prices of CBD oil is usually higher in dispensaries.
Wherever you buy, make sure that your intake of CBD oil will not be harmful to your health. Although you can purchase it without a prescription in some areas, it is still advised to consult a medical practitioner to ensure safety.
How to Find High-Quality CBD Oil
In most cases, the price of CBD oil is the basis of its quality. The more expensive it is, the better its quality and the more CBD concentrations it contains. But aside from this, there are also other factors that you need to check in order to ensure that what you will get is a high-quality CBD oil.
- Extraction. There are different methods of extracting CBD oil from hemp plants. The manner of extraction can tell you if it is high quality or not. There are manufacturers who extract and process the oil using toxic materials like propane or butane. The oils from this process are cheaply priced. The safer way of extracting CBD oil is the use of processing agents like ethanol, which cleans the hemp plant of unwanted toxins. Another agent that could be used for safe extraction is the carbon dioxide extraction, which removes harmful materials from the plant by changing the carbon dioxide’s temperature and pressure settings.
- Third-party testing. After manufacturing, CBD oil companies will often submit their products for third-party tests. This is conducted by non-company personnel to ensure that the product meets quality standards and is safe for public consumption. It is advisable to purchase CBD oils that reveal details about third-party tests.
- Where the hemp is grown. Hemp plants may grow in lands which are contaminated with minerals, metals, and other materials from soil. Knowing where it is grown will make you aware of the possible contamination of the plants. Users should also learn which areas produce hemp plants that are free from harmful contamination.
- Lab results. CBD oils usually come with fine-print details of its lab results to back up third-party testing claims. Although lab results are hard to understand, oils that include lab results are generally better than those that do not reveal this information. The inclusion of lab results means that the manufacturers are confident that their products are safe for use.
Aside from those mentioned, you should also select CBD oil products based on your concentration preferences. Vapors and tinctures have higher-than-average concentrations while sprays and topicals contain lower concentrations of CBD.
Important Considerations for CBD Oil Shoppers
Before buying a CBD oil, there are things that you need to consider. This will help you pick the right brand and bottle size. This will also ensure that you will get only high-quality CBD oil. Here some important things that you need to look into before purchasing one.
- Budget. The prices of CBD oil vary depending on the brand. The price indication would be the concentration of CBD which is measured per-milligram. You can allocate a budget per milligram or for a single bottle of CBD oil.
- Location. The usage of CBD oil is not legal in all areas. Hence, it is important that you consider the state laws before buying one because it might be illegal in your location.
- Job. If your job has drug testing requirements, it would be smart to avoid using CBD oil since it still contains traces of THC. Taking CBD oil with THC might affect your job performance or it might jeopardize your job since companies do not like employees with traces of prohibited drugs.
- Medication. If you are taking medications, you should be aware of the counteractive effects of CBD oils. It may affect your liver’s ability to process various types of drugs. You need to consult your doctor before taking CBD oil.
- Third-party testing and lab results. You need to check if the CBD oil you intend to purchase has third-party testing information and lab results. These are vital for the consumers and it indicates a higher-quality product if they are included.
- Flavor preferences. Aside from the unscented CBD oils, there are also oils that come in different flavors. The user may choose any flavor he or she wants that is available for a particular brand.
1/ How does CBD oil work?
The human body naturally contains the endocannabinoid system. This system maintains homeostasis or balance in the body. The endocannabinoid system has CB1 and CB2 receptors that are found throughout the body. CB1 receptors are found in the central and peripheral nervous system while the CB2 receptors are located in the brain, gastrointestinal system, and immune system. CBD binds to these receptors to create changes and effects in the body.
2/ How much is CBD oil?
Most CBD oils are available in concentrations of 300 mg to 750 mg. The concentration is a good indicator of price-point which is the cost per milligram. Low-cost CBD oils are about five and 10 cents per mg while mid-range prices are 11 to 15 cents per mg. Higher-end oils may cost 16 cents per mg or even higher. With this per-milligram costs, it means that a bottle of CBD oil could be priced anywhere from $10 or less to $150 or more.
3/ What is the dosage of CBD oil?
The dosage also varies depending on one’s weight. For those who are light and weighing less than 130 pounds could take 11 mg or less for mild effect, 12 to 14 mg for moderate effect and 15 to 17 mg for strong effects. People who are at a medium weight which is 130 to 230 pounds could take 18 mg or less (mild), 15 to 23 mg (moderate) or 18 to 28 mg (strong). Meanwhile, heavier individuals who weigh more than 230 pounds could take 23 mg or less, 24 to 30 mg or 29 to 45 mg for mild, moderate or strong effects, respectively.
4/ Is CBD marijuana?
Many are concerned that they might be taking marijuana by using CBD oil. However, there is no need to worry since CBD oil is different from marijuana. It can be an extract from hemp or marijuana plant but it has different content. The best-known compound in cannabis is delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which is the most active ingredient in marijuana.
Marijuana contains both THC and CBD. THC has psychoactive effects that cause a person to feel “high.” On the other hand, CBD does not have any mind-altering effect and it will not change a person’s state of mind.
5/ What is the difference between hemp oil and CBD oil?
Although CBD oil could come from the hemp plant, it is actually different from hemp oil. CBD oil is extracted from the hemp plant’s stalks, leaves, and buds. This oil has different health benefits. Meanwhile, hemp oil comes from the seeds of the plant. It is known for its nutritional content which is high in Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids. Unlike the CBD oil, hemp oil doesn’t contain much CBD.
6/ Can CBD oil make you feel “high”?
No, it will not give you the feeling of being high. It is different from THC which has psychoactive effects. THC is found in cannabis. But if you buy a tincture made from cannabis from a dispensary, it is possible that it may contain stronger levels of THC that could get you high. If the CBD oil is made from the hemp plant like the products we have above, it will legally have very little amounts of THC which will not get you high.
CBD oil does not have any impact on one’s thinking and behavior. It will make you feel relaxed and calm while its anti-anxiety effect can help reduce autonomic and relieves paranoia. It is also known for its anti-nausea and pain relieving effects.